1. The blue Eiffel Tower, which sparkles for five minutes every hour on the hour.
2. The Egyptian antiquities at the Louvre.
3. Sushi at Zen.
4. The chunky golden French fries served in unfinishably huge portions at Mi Va Mi (23 rue des Rosiers, 4th, 01 42 71 53 72).
5. Chocolate and lemon gelato at Pozzetto (39 rue du Roi de Sicile, 4th, 01 42 77 08 64).
6. Taxis (and the Métro and the bus, in that order).
7. Playing with friends in the chic sandpit of the Place des Vosges.
8. The Rétrodor baguette at the Boulangerie Alsacienne.
9. Drinking menthe à l'eau (lurid green mint syrup with water) on a café terrace.
10. The waiters at Le Troquet (15 rue François Bonvin, 15th, 01 45 66 89 00), who are charming with children.
6 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
Hates goat cheese? Stab a knife in my heart why don't you??? I could practically live on goat cheese alone.......
I really, want to go to france some day. Right now I'm taking French in school, but that still dosen't fullfill my dream of going there. But i'm getting there. All the things Sam talked about is making me even more anxius to go.
Emily, if you really want to go to France you will get there - and it willl be even better than you imagine! In the meantime, keep working on your French, it will be worth the effort.